Education Live Thursday – Every Thursday at 8pm – discussing current important topics in education.
learn more here: www.makethegrade.net
This week our guest is Peggy Ployhar, SPED Homeschool Founder & CEO, is a leader in the special education homeschooling community and a frequent writer and speaker on specialized education homeschooling issues.
She is a physicist turned home educator left a lucrative career in the medical device industry to teach the struggling learners in her own home, which eventually turned into a lifetime calling.
Peggy founded SPED Homeschool in 2017 and now leads an organization that empowers thousands of families across the globe each year to create specialized home education plans. Peggy is also the host of the very popular live broadcast and podcast, SPED Homeschool Conversations, a weekly talk show where her guests address relevant issues related to customizing homeschooling for unique learners.
Here are some of the topics covered:
* What led you to start homeschooling and how did you manage to homeschool while meeting the unique learning needs of each of your three children?
* What are the most important things logistically parents need to know about homeschooling, including laws, curriculum, resources, and support?
* What about beyond the logistics? What kind of mindset and vision do parents, families and children need to have to make the homeschool experience successful?
* What encouragement do you have to share with a parent who may think their child has lost ground with all the changes in learning due to COVID?
* Why did you create SPED Homeschool and how can families connect with your resources?