It’s almost Christmas and Hanukah time… And while many are thinking about presents and all the seasonal celebrations, we are also approaching the winter break time. A time that students presume all that they have to do is sleep late and relax (which actually doesn’t sound all that bad does it?).
However – here are 12 things you can do to maximize your time over the break:
- Organize. You can organize you notebooks and your papers.
- Start to prep for midterms (or finals if you have block scheduling)
- Read. Pick a book(s) that you haven’t had time to get to and read it.
- Seniors – finish up any loose ends for college admissions
- Juniors – SAT / ACT prep. take a block of time and complete a full test
- Sophomores/Juniors – visit a college(s)
- Stimulate your mind- Do a crossword puzzle or sudoko every day
- Learn 12 new words – build your erudite vocabulary
- Work ahead. get a start on projects / book reports that are coming up
- Catch up on any missing / late work. Don’t lose points!!
- Read Maximum Education (www.maximumeducation.net)
- Set your goals for 2017
Need more tips?
What are your suggestions? Add your suggestions in the comments or post them on the mAke the grAde Facebook page here >> https://www.facebook.com/mtgrAde/
Lastly, plan ahead… midterms and finals and the winter SAT/ACTs are right around the corner.