The 5 step process to greater productivity for students and business people
Most students and business people face multiple challenges simultaneously. A student sitting down to do homework may have as assignment for each class as well as some shorter and longer term projects to work on… this begs the questions: How do you decide what to do first? and How do you manage your time?
What to do first is most often the most important and highest priority task or assignment. This is of course a relative thing for each person, but it is something that needs to be quickly evaluated and sorted. Here is a basic protocol to accomplish this that we at mAke the grAde do with our students daily.
1. make a list of all the ongoing assignments
2. Assign S (short) or L (long) term time frames to each task (typically S are due the next day and L beyond one day like an upcoming test)
3. rank the tasks in the order of importants – all the S then all the L
4. Estimate the time needed to do each task
5. Use the chart to set up your homework or work time.
This system is simple, yet powerful, and will increase both efficiency and productivity.